In April, we highlighted JER Envirotech as a long-term investment opportunity in a company ramping up production in coming months to meet global demand for their wood plastic composite products. After their first plant in Canada began production last year, JER announced last night that their Malaysian production facility is now also in operation:
"With our Malaysian operation producing, we are the first company to commercially produce 4 feet by 8 feet wood plastic composite panel boards," stated Mr. Ernie Calica, general manager and vice-president of Asian Operations of JER.
From their Corporate Communications newsletter, we can see some detailed production plans:
1. Delta, B.C.: line#1. 2005 began production. Capability to produce up to 1,400 lbs per hour of WPC (wood plastic compound). Running at 33% capacity. Management expects to ramp up to two shifts (67% capacity) in the fourth quarter.
2. Delta: #2 compound line was ordered in March and is expected, at full capacity, to have 60% greater throughput than the existing line, with the ability to generate monthly revenues of US$500,000. It is expected to begin trial testing this month.
3. The Delta panel board facility is expected to begin trial production this month. At capacity it is expected to produce revenues of $500,000 per line, per month.
4. The Philippine Joint Venture panel board plant has been delayed and the trial production is expected to begin by the end of this calendar year.
5. India: JER and Master Trust Ltd expect to order equipment for its first panel board line in October, with installation and trial testing to be completed by March 2007 and initial production beginning in May 2007.
JER was trading just over $1.00 when we first mentioned it in April. After a summer dip, it’s back near the $1.00 level again. While there have been some production delays, the company still expects to grow sales to over $2 million per month next year. We continue to believe that investors from the $1.00 area and below (market cap below $30 million) will be handsomely rewarded over the long term as the company continues to grow.
January 2006 February 2006 March 2006 April 2006 May 2006 July 2006 August 2006 October 2006 November 2006 December 2006 January 2007 February 2007 March 2007 April 2007 May 2007 June 2007 August 2007 October 2007 November 2007 May 2008 September 2008 October 2008 January 2009 May 2010Great Investment Articles Blog   Great Trades Blog
Disclaimer: Great Investments may have a position in all or some of the stocks discussed in this blog, but is not paid by any company to promote their stock. Great Investments contains opinions, none of which constitute a recommendation that any particular security, transaction, or investment strategy is suitable for any specific person. Great Investments does not provide personalized investment advice.
Enter your email address in the box below to get emailed any new blog entries (within an hour or so of an update). Your email address won't be listed or sold.